mmmmm, I am feelikng a bit hungry and ALSO I am missing you, so it makes sense to get into my kitchen and so to do something fun!
What would you like?
Would you like a pea leaf salad? Can you even believe it’s true? I have never heard of these pea leaves before, but I bought a bag of them, wait!!
- 40 g pea leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups of bean shoots
- 1 carrot thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler (you will need a good quality one to get through the whole of the tough carrot)
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup of coriander, chopped
- 1 cup of mint leaves sliced and diced
- 1 - 2 chicken thigh fillets
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 clove of garlic finely grated
- 1 tsp of ginger finely grated
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce or fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of lime or lemon juice
- TO SERVE
- 1 - 2 tbsp of chopped peanuts or cashews (I used almonds, but I think any kind of nut or seed would be lovely)
- Bake chicken at 200 degrees C until cooked through (approx 20 mins?)
- Allow to cool or refrigerate overnight
- Pile all salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Dice chicken and add to the bowl
- Combine dressing ingredients
- Pour over salad and mix well to thoroughly combine
- Serve and sprinkle with choppe3d nuts or seeds
Don’t get me wrong! This is pretty much the earlier Watercress and ginger salad that I wrote up a coupla weeks ago, but with shredded carrot, baked chicken and nuts.
In any case, I think there is a PROCESS here, and I hope you are having a LOVELY lunch also! Love you xxxxo